Hitting the Jackpot with Patient Experience
How to emotionally connect with each other, patients and family members, especially when the pressure is on and the stakes are high.
Click on the video to learn more about my presentations!
Thank you for choosing me to work with you!
After researching the term “patient experience”, four key attributes stood out to me:
- Personal interactions (empathy and compassion)
- Organization culture (we deliver on our promises)
- Patient and family perceptions (emotionally connect to build trust and create safety)
- Across the care continuum (connect, communicate, collaborate)
My takeaway is healthcare professionals must engage the minds and hearts of the patients and families to create an emotional connection by developing enduring patient relationships. When they do, the outcome is a profitable healthcare system that remains a significant entity in the community.
Based on the above, the importance of patient access managers and employees leading themselves and others more effectively is the key to emotionally connecting with each other, patients and family members, especially when the pressure is on and the stakes are high.
By doing so you can work to mitigate the
- tense financial performance pressures,
- extremely high levels of change, and
- chronic staffing shortages
you face on a daily basis.